gpsd-users

Re: Problems with gpsd under BullsEye

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: Problems with gpsd under BullsEye
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2022 12:15:19 -0800

Yo Don!

On Sat, 1 Jan 2022 13:35:26 -0500
Don Rolph <don.rolph@gmail.com> wrote:

> As noted earlier, the libgps.so built from the most recent gitlab
> distribution is not compatible with Dire Wolf.

Only beacuse Dire Wolf is doing a pointless version check.  Remove
that and the libs are compatible at the source level.

> I am therefore using the libgps.so built from gpsd 3.22-4 as the last
> shared library which is compatible with Dire Wolf.

Which will break things.

> I am happy to understand what the next steps in debugging are.

remove the pointless #error.  Explain what your problem is, as I
still do not understand "excess messages".

> I believe the data is reasonably solid in indicating that there is an
> issue in gpsd 3.23.2 ~dev (which is what is returned by gpsd -V).

Clearly we believe differently.  Many clients are happy with 3.22.2!dev,
no other bug reports remoteyl similar to this one.

> And I can say that it appears to be related to the MT3333
> returning messages every 2 seconds or so even when there is no fix.

Then that would be a Dire Wolf problem.  Of, put another way, nothing
you can do to change the MT3333.

> So what are the suggested next steps needed for debugging this?

See above.  And then, so this does not become lost, nag the Dire Wolf
coder to fix his code.  We'll help with that.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588