gpsd-users

Fwd: use gpsd and chrony time sync with fake gps

From: Lin Zhao
Subject: Fwd: use gpsd and chrony time sync with fake gps
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2021 14:21:50 -0500

Hi Gary,

Sorry for late reply.

After your suggestion:
> You forgot the "-n" option to gpsd. It is essential for timekeeping.
Now I start with following commands:

/etc/chrony/chrony.conf:
driftfile /var/lib/chrony/drift
allow
# set larger delay to allow the NMEA source to overlap with
# the other sources and avoid the falseticker status
refclock SOCK /var/run/chrony.ttyTHS0.sock refid GPS precision 1e-1 offset 0.9999
refclock SOCK /var/run/chrony.pps1.sock refid PPS precision 1e-7
Start commands:
sudo killall -9 gpsd chronyd
sudo chronyd -f /etc/chrony/chrony.conf
sleep 2
stty -F /dev/ttyTHS0 speed 9600
sudo gpsd -n /dev/ttyTHS0 -F /var/run/gpsd.sock

sudo ntpshmmon :

> # gpsd -nND 4 /dev/ttyTHS0 > tmp.log 2>&1
Please see attached log file from you suggested commands

> You at least have to change the time stamps.
The GPS example I taken from a Ultimate GPS record, I do increase time stamp every second and keep other information.

Thanks for your help, please let me know what else you need.

Best regards,

Lin Zhao