gpsd-users

Re: GPSD 3.23~rc1 connection to GPS

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: GPSD 3.23~rc1 connection to GPS
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2021 23:38:21 -0700

Yo Aranza!

On Mon, 9 Aug 2021 22:50:02 -0500
Aranza Shaccid Leon <leon18@pnw.edu> wrote:

> May I ask if there is anyway to combine the TPV class
> data, SKY class data, and SAT class data into one CSV file?

Not standard gpsd tool does that.  You could use something like jq.

    https://stedolan.github.io/jq/

Or use gpscsv 3 times on the same data and then join the 3 csv files.

> I’m trying to find a method/command for gpscsv that can place all
> this data in the same csv file at the same time.  It’s essential that
> I have the SNR, Latitude, Longitude, Altitude, uSat, nSat, gnss id,
> svid, xdop, pdop, gdop, ydop, vdop, elevation, speed, climb, and time
> in the same file. Is there a way to do this?

There is always a way, but nothing standard.

And remember that the SKY (which includes SAT) messages are usually not
output at the same rate as the TPV messages.

And your csv files would now be very wide, maybe over several hundred cols
wide.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588