gpsd-users

Re: gpsd + ubx

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: gpsd + ubx
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 11:05:19 -0700

Yo Florian!

On Tue, 2 Jun 2020 10:30:45 +0200
Florian Kiera <florian.kiera@logicway.de> wrote:

> This mail was supposed to be send on the 28th of May, somehow it was
> not send properly. Maybe due to the size of the attachments... Hope
> decoding logs.tar.gz is fine

I assume they are the same size and working now?

Are these still from May 28?  A lot of changes since then.

> The issues I had with gpsd might be solved with the changes to
> driver_ubx.c!

What changes?  When?  Where?

Can you please repeat with git head?

> > I warned people this is new code.
>
> Latest git head doesn't work for me.

"Latest" not useful after 5 days...

> Whenever I run "gpsd -n
> /dev/ttyACM0 -N -D 5" (the USB definition is needed to make gpsd not
> working) the gpsd starts things up and after getting a message from
> the ubx device (always the same) gpsd freezes and cannot be stopped
> except through "sudo kill -9 id".

You realize you are missing "-n"?

Ugh, someone changed the ttyACM0 code recently, I guess they forgot to test it.

commit a18044dd88b8b9d0b2cada261913ca03433af5f3