gpsd-users

Re: gpsd + ubx

From: Florian Kiera
Subject: Re: gpsd + ubx
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2020 11:27:38 +0200

Hey Gary!

Am 02.06.20 um 20:05 schrieb Gary E. Miller:
Yo Florian!

On Tue, 2 Jun 2020 10:30:45 +0200
Florian Kiera <florian.kiera@logicway.de> wrote:

This mail was supposed to be send on the 28th of May, somehow it was
not send properly. Maybe due to the size of the attachments... Hope
decoding logs.tar.gz is fine
I assume they are the same size and working now?

Are these still from May 28?  A lot of changes since then.

The issues I had with gpsd might be solved with the changes to
driver_ubx.c!
What changes?  When?  Where?

Can you please repeat with git head?

I warned people this is new code.
Latest git head doesn't work for me.
"Latest" not useful after 5 days...

Whenever I run "gpsd -n
/dev/ttyACM0 -N -D 5" (the USB definition is needed to make gpsd not
working) the gpsd starts things up and after getting a message from
the ubx device (always the same) gpsd freezes and cannot be stopped
except through "sudo kill -9 id".
You realize you are missing "-n"?

Ugh, someone changed the ttyACM0 code recently, I guess they forgot to test it.

commit a18044dd88b8b9d0b2cada261913ca03433af5f3