gpsd-users

Re: Sending data from application to gpsd

From: raaj lokanathan
Subject: Re: Sending data from application to gpsd
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 10:06:18 +0800

Hi Gary,

I am not sending UBlox command. What I will be doing is send the speed info directly from my application to the gpsd. And the. inside my driver_ubx.c I will extract the speed info and form the UBlox command before sending it to the receiver.

On Tue, 19 May 2020 at 01:13, Gary E. Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
Yo raaj!

On Tue, 19 May 2020 01:09:07 +0800
raaj lokanathan <address@hidden> wrote:

> Does gpsd supports a way to send a data from application to my gpsd?

Of course.  Things like NTRIP, zerk, ubxtool, gpsctl, etc. all send
data to your receiver throught gpsd.

> Currently I saw there is only the gpsdctl which can either add or
> remove device only.

Nope.  Not "only" by any definition.  RTFM.

> Example now for dead reckoning. I need to get the
> speed info externally. For that I have my own handler. Tommy handler
> will read the speed info and then it will send it to the gpsd. Then
> the ubx driver will receive it and then pass it to the gnss receiver
> which is the dr engine.

What ublox command do you intend to send with that info?

> I am stuck at the first part where sending to the gpsd.

Without knowing the language you are using, not much advice can be
given.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588