gpsd-users

Re: Sending data from application to gpsd

From: raaj lokanathan
Subject: Re: Sending data from application to gpsd
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 15:58:59 +0800

I have a question. How to use the gps_send()? From here, I can see only gps_sock_stream is using it. The gps_send can send any values?

On Tue, 19 May 2020 at 10:17, Gary E. Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
Yo raaj!

On Tue, 19 May 2020 10:12:11 +0800
raaj lokanathan <address@hidden> wrote:

> But, "Things like NTRIP, zerk, ubxtool, gpsctl, etc. all send
> data to your receiver throught gpsd." this applications doesn't open
> the actual socket right similar to how gpsdctl does.

Easy to fix.  But not required.  The others do not use the socket.

Many way to skin this cat, that is why I specifed those examples that
all work differently.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588