gpsd-users

Re: Clarifications about PPS SHM content

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: Clarifications about PPS SHM content
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 19:33:48 -0700

Yo Martin!

On Wed, 25 Mar 2020 21:47:31 -0400
Martin Boissonneault <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've set /ntpheat -c 3 -t 68/ for testing. Does it need to be niced?

Nope, just the opposite.  The point of ntpheat is waste lots of
cpu cycles and make heat, when needed.  It will pause, and not
waste cpu cycles when something else sends the LF up and makes heat.

> For now, ntpheat won't survive a reboot, but I'll deal with that a
> bit later if the results warrant it.

I just have one script that runs on startup and turns on ntpheat,
gpsd, ntpd, and friends.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588