gpsd-users

Re: Clarifications about PPS SHM content

From: David J Taylor
Subject: Re: Clarifications about PPS SHM content
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2020 10:03:11 -0000

Either way, in ascending order of stability - all other things being equal
-  I would say:

freewheeling temps - lowest
ntpheat - better
insulated environment - best

Paul Theodoropoulos
www.anastrophe.com

Paul,

I'd agree with that order of performance, although my "insulated" is sitting in a walk-in cupboard on an outside wall, normally closed all day and night - little diurnal delta T!

I wrote up some basic notes here:

 https://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/Raspberry-Pi-ntpheat.html

Using the GPU would be nice, although not needed in my application. I added a link to Folkert van Heusden's program to heat the GPU.

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: address@hidden