gpsd-users

Re: Clarifications about PPS SHM content

From: Martin Boissonneault
Subject: Re: Clarifications about PPS SHM content
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2020 01:39:41 -0400

Hi Gary,
I hope this pic answers your question :

JPEG image

This rPi is unfortunately not dedicated to timekeeping, it also runs ADS-B and
UAT aircraft receivers. I did recompile the kernel to enable 250Hz tick and
force the tick (I don't have my notes ATM), and disabled Energy Efficient
Ethernet.

The precision I have is way above my needs, but if it's worth doing, it's worth
overdoing ;-)

If you think I can improve those figures, ping me privately so I can start a
thread on the ntpsec mailing list.

Thanks,
Martin Boissonneault
address@hidden