gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Garmin 18X LVC and upcoming week rollover

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Garmin 18X LVC and upcoming week rollover
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2019 19:35:12 -0800

Yo Rich!

On Thu, 5 Dec 2019 12:04:48 -0800
Rich Wales <address@hidden> wrote:

> > That is what gpsd needs to set the proper date.  I just need to get
> > the workaround code to use the $PGRMF data.
>
> Great.  Once a new gpsd is ready with fixes to the workaround code,
> I'll be happy to test it again.

I have a nice patch that uses the $PGRMF data to fixup the NMEA time
to the proper GPS epoch.  But it breaks NMEA that does not have
$PGRMF.

The problem is that gpsd compiles in the current leap second, and the
patch uses the leap second to adjust bad dates.  And that breaks older
regressions that do not have leap seconds in the NMEA.  An issue that
gpsd has long struggled with.

Previous patches to gpsd just accepted the change in the regressions.
If I can't find a work around, that is what I'll do again.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588