gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] cgps not reporting tracked satellites

From: Alex Olihovik
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] cgps not reporting tracked satellites
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2016 10:44:47 -0500

I'd like to use gps_send() to issue the "SYST:STAT?" command, read that output, and then write it directly to file. I'm interested in recording all those PRN fields over the time that my gps is powered on, every few seconds or so.

It looks like the gps_send() command is deprecated and unstable; should I query this info another way? If not, is there a concrete example of how I'd issue that command?

On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 6:02 PM, Gary E. Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
Yo Chris!

On Tue, 5 Jan 2016 14:55:38 -0800
Chris Kuethe <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have a firefly, not sure which version. It's not Rubidium, just OCXO

A real good OXCO in their M12M receiver.  They claim <5nSec stability on
the PPS which is better than I would know how to use.

The -1A claims <50 nSec which would be close (beyond?) to the limit for
a serial port.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588