gpsd-dev

Re: Low cost GPS, minimal assembly

From: Sanjeev Gupta
Subject: Re: Low cost GPS, minimal assembly
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 09:41:29 +0800

I have been looking for something too, for a couple of years, with 1PPS over RS-232; to replace Sure GPS, which I found through https://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/Sure-GPS.htm

The usual suppliers have dried up, everyone is on USB or > $300 .

Britain has a wide range, I have not got round to ordering one yet.  I chatted with them last year, and they had reasonably priced (under $40) in stock, some with patch antennas.  Example, see:

https://beitian.en.made-in-china.com/product/JjzEfTKOnyhN/China-Beitian-RS-232-Ipc-PPS-9600BPS-4m-Flash-Gnss-Glonass-GPS-Module-W-External-Glonass-GPS-Antenna-Bn-125b.html

Ublox M8.  Powered by 5V, so that is good too.
--
Sanjeev Gupta
+65 98551208     http://www.linkedin.com/in/ghane