gpsd-dev

Re: Low cost GPS, minimal assembly

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: Low cost GPS, minimal assembly
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 07:53:25 -0700

gdt@lexort.com said:
> That's funny.  I am not really clear on the details of LeoNTP, but I was
> going to suggest that you look at it.  Perhaps you can explain why "order
> another LeoNTP box" isn't the right answer.  I don't mean to argue with your
> rationale, but that would be instructive as to your requirements.

The question started over on time-nuts where the OP reported that LeoNTP is
unobtainium.  I took a quick look on the web and found a not-available note
that mentioned suply chain issues.

Steve Sommers reported that he has seen them off by several seconds.

The OP had servers available so my reaction was to get GPS into one of them.
Aside from replacing Leo, I wanted to know if there were any
no-assembly-required options available for getting GPS into a server and this
seems like the right group for that quesion.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.