Re: [Gomp-discuss] Decision about semaphores ..

From: Lars Segerlund
Subject: Re: [Gomp-discuss] Decision about semaphores ..
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 17:15:59 +0100

Sure, a define or two should take care of it, conceptually both do the same thing. It only gets rather clumsy doing it all in POSIX threads, but let's do it that way and go for real speed later :-) .

That's why I am so nagging about getting the build system in place :-) ... we need to make the autotools do a lot of this job for us.

 / Lars.

Scott Robert Ladd wrote:
Lars Segerlund wrote:

 If there is any place to optimize this will be it :-) ..

 Is it possible to make the choice of native .vs. posix with a switch of
some kind? In other words, how difficult is it to have the best of both
worlds and support native code for fork/joins on platforms that support it?

..Scott