[Gomp-discuss] Line of action ..

From: Lars Segerlund
Subject: [Gomp-discuss] Line of action ..
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 17:11:07 +0100

Well, Steven agreed to the suggestion that we first implement explicit parallism in gcc, and then move on to se what it becomes.

 So as for now, what we have to do to get on with it is :

  1. Recognize and parse the pragmas.

2. Figure out what we actually need as a minimal subset in the tree-nodes.

  3. Figure out a 'minimal' or 'primitive' subset of omp

4. Investigate how to interact with the code generation and optimization, ( not to do certain optimizations across parallell boundaries ).

My opinion is that if we can do the parallell stuff, why get all worked up about parsing a few pragmas ? Same goes for the g95 frontend. What we have to work out is when we can resolve these statements ( omp ), and I believe that we must have a parsed tree of the following block ( it has to be a block ) before we get started on actually resolving variables and such.

Point 4 is the one that wories me most, as I have no knowledge of gcc optimizations.

 / Lars Segerlund.