[Gomp-discuss] Re: Implementing OpenMP pragmas for the C front end

From: David Edelsohn
Subject: [Gomp-discuss] Re: Implementing OpenMP pragmas for the C front end
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 17:27:05 -0500

>> ----------
>> /* ERROR - The flush directive cannot be the immediate
>> * substatement of an if statement. */
>> if (x!=0)
>> #pragma omp flush (x)

Neil> Surely not.  I think this is a *really really* bad idea; I wouldn't
Neil> support it going into GCC.  It's simply not the way C and C++ work.

        Unfortunately, this is a public standard.  Somehow we need to be
compatible.

        What we really want is some way of converting

#pragma omp flush (x)

__builtin_omp_flush (x);

which is a more natural way of implementing this and would allow semantic
error checking.

David