gnunet-developers

Re: unsuitable protocols and standards that block innovation

From: Undescribed Horrific Abuse, One Victim & Survivor of Many
Subject: Re: unsuitable protocols and standards that block innovation
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 21:16:57 -0600

Hi,

Apologies for my shocking name, it is for a different thing than this.

I wanted to add some backstory that, in my perception, the people here who designed GNU Social had previously spent many years defending key user rights that were blatantly excluded from mainstream federated protocols, and failed to successfully negotiate that they be included, repeatedly for a long time.

GNU Social then arose as a solution that did defend these disregarded things.

My guess would be that some of the sticking points could simply relate to this old and frustrating battle, that new people may not have been exposed to or understand. For example, many see federation and interoperability as a hands-down good thing. But I expect that this crowd might want some concerns fully included to consider it at this point.