gnuherds-app-dev

Re: my postgres connection failing

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: my postgres connection failing
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 20:50:03 +0200

Nicodemo Alvaro wrote:
> Fatal error: Call to undefined function pg_connect() in
> /var/www/gnuherds-app/gnuherds-app/Layer-5__DB_operation/PostgreSQL.php
> on line 35

You have to install the "php5-pgsql" package which add the PostgreSQL library
to PHP 5.

  apt-get install php5-pgsql

I am going to update the [1] wiki page:

  [1] How to install a development environment?
      http://savannah.nongnu.org/cookbook/?func=detailitem&item_id=155

> I am using debian etch. I installed the libapache2-mod-auth-pgsql
> package and enabled it.

You can remove the libapache2-mod-auth-pgsql package. It is not needed.

  dpkg -r libapache2-mod-auth-pgsql

P.S.: I will be on-line the next 8 hours. Please, fill free to
      expose any problem or question!