gnuherds-app-dev

Re: RapidSSL.com free of charge

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: RapidSSL.com free of charge
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 22:01:54 +0200

> rapidssl.com seems a good option to buy the project's certificate, being
> directly or through a reseller.
>
> It is $69. The cheaper we get it, through a reseller..., the better.

The RapidSSL buy form reads:

  "Competitive Replacement

   If you have an active certificate issued by a competitor you are
   eligible for a competitive replacement and receive the certificate
   free of charge. ..."

We could try to get the certificate free of charge, replacing the one we have
got from StartSSL.com.  If we do not success we could follow the process to
buy something?