GNUe Integrator - already written?

From: Peter Sullivan
Subject: GNUe Integrator - already written?
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 19:43:47 +0100

I think it's fair to say that, when we did the first release of
GNUe Reports, there was almost a "eureka" moment when we realised
that this was also, in effect, the first half of GNUe Integrator
(the export, i.e. database -> XML, bit).

Are we about to have another "eureka" moment for the other half?
The work that Jason and Jan have been doing on the on the schema
import wizard will now include data as well as just schema, as
discussed in http://kt.zork.net/GNUe/gnue20020713_37.xml#14
We've mainly considered the data import capabilities of this as
being for standing/set-up data that is 'almost' part of the
schema (e.g. initial values for primary keys and so on).
However, if we were to use it for "transactional data" as
well, does that not give us the other half (import, i.e. XML ->
database) of GNUe Integrator, or at least a major building
block for it?

Or is this so obvious that everyone else spotted it weeks ago,
and didn't even think it worthy of comment?

--
Peter Sullivan <address@hidden>