Re: [open-cobol-list] Sections in PROCEDURE DIVISION

From: Chris Geldenhuis
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] Sections in PROCEDURE DIVISION
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 17:08:43 +0200

Hi,

I agree with Vince.In fact performing paragraphs is forbidden in our shop as is the perform through construct.

It is far to easy to add a paragraph in the range of a perform through range and change the program logic unwittingly.

Another banned construct is the alter verb.

Both of the above make for code that is not maintainable over the long term.

Regards

ChrisG

Cobol developer since 1968 and still at it.