Re: [open-cobol-list] displaying max values in comp-5 field

From: Bill Klein
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] displaying max values in comp-5 field
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 00:47:22 -0500

Although you are correct about the Standard, I think you will find that
almost all existing implementations allow for the DISPLAY of COMP-? items.
See, for example,
  http://publibfp.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr/BOOKS/IGY3LR40/6.2.10

When allowed this, they SHOULD display the "full value" - although different
compilers handle the sign in different ways.