Re: Proposal to remove the off-topic, not free software related thoughtc

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Proposal to remove the off-topic, not free software related thoughtcrime accusations from the Guix project pages on GNU.ORG websitew
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2019 14:09:24 +0200

* Ruben Safir <address@hidden> [2019-10-10 17:35]:
> On 10/9/19 10:37 PM, Jean Louis wrote:
> > GNU.ORG domain belongs to RMS, directly or indirectly.
>
> there always was a problem with the issue of succession though, which is
> seperate from this blood libel charges against RMS.

That problem is easily solved:

1. By re-instating and defining better the purposes of the FSF.

2. By having people who are loyal to free software fundamental
   principles.

3. By having one of fundamental principles for free software to remain
   apolitical in any other issues but free software.

The real leadership of free software movement further is not
constrained neither by GNU.org neither by those who introduce feminism
movement such as Ludovic Courtès, Andy Wingo ando thers into GNU
project.

Everybody is free to become a new "Richard Stallman" and promote free
software in society, and making ground for the same principles he has
already established.

> Both the FSF and the GNU project are too dependent on an individual and
> a normalized process of succession might be in order.

They are not, you are mistaken. To say so, you would need to review
the basic legalities as I did review it. There are Articles of
Association, there are By-Laws and plethora of RMS articles.

If people within FSF are not loyal to those principles, they can
pervert the organization, that is possible. As of now there is no
evidence of such activity, and FSF shall be supported without any
doubts.

Jean