Re: (Really) Free Software future

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: (Really) Free Software future
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 00:21:43 +0530

* Alfred M. Szmidt <address@hidden> [2019-10-17 00:10]:
>    systemd binaries are dependent on systemd and replaces programs that
>    did not have such dependencies. It is creating similar situation as
>    vendor lock-in is creating.
>
> That is the case with any system, things depend on things -- what is
> important is not to depend on non-free software.

Analogy is there Alfred. It cannot be ignored.

Why did Hyperbola GNU/Linux-libre remove many "free software" packages
from its distribution but for reason that they are somehow infringing
on users' rights?

For example free software project could promote Facebook proprietary
network. Such would probably be removed from Hyperbola GNU/Linux-libre
where I find that maintainers do take care of users' freedom.

In similar manner systemd is is making users be controlled by systemd
maintainers.

Jean