Re: 70 inactive GNU packages to be decommis ?

From: Nala Ginrut
Subject: Re: 70 inactive GNU packages to be decommis ?
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2019 14:08:50 +0800

I'm the author and maintainer of GNU XmlAT, I've been considering
obsolete it for years. And I'd like to add other new meaningful project to
GNU.

Here's a brief reason.
XmlAT was used to convert XML to s-expr as an intermediate
presentation for multiple cases. And it can be output to other
formats. However, it's a bit outdated, because nowadays the industry use
JSON for that case, and it works well.

So we don't need GNU XmlAT anymore. I would polish my other projects and
offer some to replact GNU XmlAT.

Best regards.

--
GNU Powered it