Re: 70 inactive GNU packages to be decommis ?

From: Nala Ginrut
Subject: Re: 70 inactive GNU packages to be decommis ?
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2019 15:36:52 +0800

address@hidden writes:

>  Quoting address@hidden:
>
>> If package is not in Debian GNU/Linux, for me this indicates nothing
>>   that relates to GNU packages, unless there is some specific discussion
>>   related to such specific package, or if there is specific bug report.
>> Debian is also a GNU/Linux distribution that we do not recommend.
>
> You might not recommend, but I use Trisquel. Depends on Debian. The
> question is, does GNU want us to spent time on those projects, or Is
> that precious time better spent elsewhere.

Debian is not recommended from the stand of FSF. However, we have to
consider the affects of FOSS users. In my day job, we have to use
Debian in our commercial products. I understand Trisquel is still not
ready for that case. So I fully understand your concerns.

But I think reference Debian in this discussion may not be suitable, since
we're talking more about the GPL licensed software in this topic.

Best regards.

--
GNU Powered it
GPL Protected it