Re: [gnu-prog-discuss] Introducing GNU Guix

From: luke.leighton
Subject: Re: [gnu-prog-discuss] Introducing GNU Guix
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 10:32:15 +0000

On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 10:09 AM, Dmitry Bogatov <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 10:38 +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>>
>> I am pleased to announce GNU Guix, an on-going project to build a
>> functional package manager and associated free software distribution of
>> the GNU system.

 hi ludovic: looking things up, it appears to be based on this:
http://nixos.org/nix/ just providing a link to that gives people a bit
more descriptive information and it looks utterly cool.

 ludovic: so that people can tell from there what extra things guix
has, could you describe the differences between nix and guix?  i
notice scheme rather than haskell, is there anything else?

 l.