GNU Coding Standards: Errors

From: .
Subject: GNU Coding Standards: Errors
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 23:17:33 +0400

Hello,

I'm sorry if this message isn't appropriate but I can't find a better
list to ask.

Could you show me a GNU project which follows this guide [1] in
formatting errors?
I haven't found an appropriate GNU project.
For example, here is a snippet from GCC (unroll.c):

          splittable_regs[REGNO (v->dest_reg)] = value;
          fprintf (stderr, "Giv %d at insn %d not reduced\n",
                   REGNO (v->dest_reg), INSN_UID (v->insn));

According to the guide it should show at least the name of the file or
the name of the program.

I'm asking because I don't understand the format itself.
For example, I'd like to use this pattern:
sourcefile:line1.column1-line2.column2: message

Should I keep the words "line" and "column" (e.g.
foo.c:line42.column1-line44.column2: bar)?

[1] http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/html_node/Errors.html#Errors

Thanks