Re: A proposed Roadmap

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: A proposed Roadmap
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 19:54:17 +0200 (CEST)

   We already have a perfectly fine, native development platform in
   the form of Debian GNU/Hurd. I do not see how creating another
   GNU/Linux distribution, and putting the label "GNU" on it, should
   help in developing the Hurd, or getting people excited about it. It
   would be a huge backwards step actually.

How would GNU differ from a very tweaked GNU/Linux system that behaves
like GNU does today?  As I noted before, GNU/Linux already provides
all the things GNU already has, and includes a couple more that we
don't have.