Re: Create a bootable qemu image from ams' snapshot

From: प्रव ीण् ए (Praveen A)
Subject: Re: Create a bootable qemu image from ams' snapshot
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 18:05:03 +0530

2006/6/25, Alfred M. Szmidt <address@hidden>:

Seems you didn't know about the qemu image that is already avaiable in
http://www.update.uu.se/~ams/GNU

I know about it and I was using that only :-) This steps are done as a proof of concept  for my friend to create a bootable system from a root filesystem and a boot loader.

The steps will be very useful, since I forgot them myself.

That is what I hoped. Also it would be great to have grub in the gnu image itself rather than having it as a separate image.

Another doubt is about giving -M isapc option.

The same qemu version works with this debian gnu/hurd image from
http://www.zabor.org/balrog/hurd/ without this option
--
"Value your freedom, or you will lose it, teaches history.
`Don't bother us with politics', respond those who don't want to learn."