Re: [GNU-linux-libre] no drm book

From: Jacob K
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] no drm book
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2023 13:44:15 -0500

Hello ali,

Since Denis suggested this might be a better conversation for the Drm-elimination-crew mailing list, I decided to send this message there too. Hopefully that's okay (I'm somewhat new to mailing lists so I'm not sure.).

One publisher I know of is Open Book Publishers [1]. I do not have any experience with publishing books anywhere and have not bought any books from them, but they offer physical books and ebooks which I think have no DRM, and some of the books are libre. I considered buying a physical libre book from there once, but the JavaScript, though arguably free-licensed, did not have a link to source code, and I thought the price might be more than I was willing to pay, so I never got around to asking if source code was available. I was also unable to easily download the ebook without JavaScript.

Interestingly, I do not see this publisher on the DBD list of places to get books.

[1] https://www.openbookpublishers.com/

 - Jacob K