Re: [Gnu-arch-users] corrupt pristine

From: Zenaan Harkness
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] corrupt pristine
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 08:00:07 +1100

On Sun, 2004-10-31 at 04:44, Adrian Irving-Beer wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 30, 2004 at 03:00:49PM +1000, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
>
> > > Yes.  Better yet, delete every pristine you can find and set up a
> > > revision library. :-)
> >
> > Did work indeed. So, why have pristines at all?
>
> As a default so people can 'install and go' with tla -- without having
> to understand, and set up paths for, a revision library.

But that's the point - he doesn't have a revision library, and it
worked. I'm guessing there's some performance reason for it, or perhaps
if you don't have a local copy of the archive you're grabbing, then you
get this pristine so you can do file-diffs and such when offline, and/
or without accessing the remote archive.

ta
zen