Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Revision Library Directory

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Revision Library Directory
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 22:19:21 -0400

John Meinel wrote:
Also, you should be aware of the tlacontrib script "shrink-library". By default it removes entries in your library that haven't been accessed within 2 weeks, and always leaves the latest version. I tend to run "shrink-library 0" which shrinks everything but the latest.

Unless you're using my backbuilder, too-agressive library pruning will force you to download cachedrevs to produce old revisions (e.g. when merging). Compared with producing revisions from library revisions, this is usually slower, and it takes more space because you don't take advantage of the hard-linking optimization.

Someone should write a script that keeps the *oldest* revision as well as the *newest* revision.

Not me, I've got the backbuilder :-)

Aaron