[Gnu-arch-users] Merging from unrelated branches

From: John Goerzen
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Merging from unrelated branches
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 13:15:49 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I have an existing project being maintained in Arch.

I want to import some components from other projects into them.  I have
imported them into various Arch branches as well.

The problem is -- I can't figure how to integrate these new branches
into my existing work branch.  I've tried update, replay, and
star-merge, in various combinations with sync-tree and join-branch.  I
either get "tree has no common history with version" or it appears to
work but doesn't actually pull over any changes.

What's the magic recipe for success here?

Thanks,
John