[Gnu-arch-users] Creating a diif (-uN) from two revisions

From: Esben Mose Hansen
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Creating a diif (-uN) from two revisions
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 16:50:03 +0200

Hi,

I can't seem to find anything about this. I use arch to track free projects
where I do not have write access. When I go merry hacking on the project, I
use several branches to split the work (and the eventual patch) into smaller,
logically related bits.

This works fine until I want to produce the actual patches. Most projects
wants these in a diff -uN -style patch. I can't seem to find out how to do
this in a reasonably intelligent way. Until now, I done something like this:

(1) tla get revision1
(2) tla get revision2

(3) delete arch-files

(4) diff -uN revision1 revision2 > patchfile

This seems errorprone and cumbersome, even by tla standards ;-) How can I this
in a better way? The tla changes and tla delta seems useless because they do
not include new or removed files in a usable manner.

I appreciate any help --- like last time, I will update the wiki with the
answer :)

--
regards. Esben