Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Creating a diif (-uN) from two revisions

From: Esben Mose Hansen
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Creating a diif (-uN) from two revisions
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 21:41:30 +0200

On Sunday 24 October, 2004 19:35, Matthieu Moy wrote:

> tla delta --diffs and tla show-changeset --diffs use an old changeset
> printer. It seems there's no way to get the information for added
> files from those commands.

The code of tla seems less than perfectly factorized :o)

> tla changes, on the other hand, has a better output, much closer to
> patch -uN.
>
> I can see two options for you:
>
> 1) Hack tla to get the same output format for all changeset displaying
>    commands.

That might be fun, but from listening to this mailinglist, contributing is
less fun :-/

> 2) tla get rev1
>    tla changes --diffs rev2

much better format, I agree. Stil includes .arch-ids, logs and so on, but much
better. Thanks :)

In the meantime I did write a shellscript that does the right thing from a
changeset directory as produced by diff. I'll post it somewhere if somebody
is interested.

Again, thanks for the help & pointers :-D

--
regards. Esben