Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: NEW gnu-arch-dev mailing list

From: Adrian Irving-Beer
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 01:33:53 -0400

[THIRD attempt to deal with the list rejecting my e-mail.  Miles,
please accept my *humblest* apologies for the triple e-mail; mutt
makes it too easy to send mail accidentally.]

On Fri, Oct 08, 2004 at 10:47:12AM +0900, Miles Bader wrote:

> "Beautiful World"

Rage Against the Machine actually covered this one, and probably in
one of their most quiet lamenting songs ever.

Morello has stated that he feels Devo was an underrated group. :)

I actually have a 'best of' album of theirs.  It's one of those fun
joke things that sits in my collection alongside Monty Python and the
like.  But some of their stuff *is* catchy.

Don't know if it's made it south of the border, but the Swiffer Duster
ads use 'Whip It' as their theme (with lyrics modified in ugly,
terrible ways).