[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Re: hack request

From: Nikolai Weibull
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Re: hack request
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 02:16:41 +0200

* Zenaan Harkness <address@hidden> [Oct 02, 2004 01:00]:
> > Pipe it to vimless instead; provided you have vim around.  less.sh
> > (vimless) can be found in $VIMRUNTIME/macros/.
>
> I edit in vim, and it syntax highlights rather nicely.
>
> When I run the above (or Phil's version) it just comes up plain.
>
> If I first pipe the output to "t.diff" then open that file in
> vim, it does syntax highlight.

This should be done fine.  Vim does some contents checking when it fails
to determine filetype based on extension (which is rather hard to do on
stdin) and it works fine for diff's here.  I don't know how long
contents checking for diff contents has been around, but it's in 6.3 for
sure,
        nikolai

::: page: www.pcppopper.org  :: fun atm: gf,lps,ruby,lisp,war3 :::