Re: [Gnu-arch-users] PANIC: duplicate ids in ORIG tree

From: Georg-W. Koltermann
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] PANIC: duplicate ids in ORIG tree
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 23:57:58 +0200

Am Di, den 31.08.2004 schrieb Aaron Bentley um 21:20:
> Robert Anderson wrote:
> >>directions?  Do I insert printfs in the tla source?
> >

> > How about:
> >
> > tla inventory --source --ids | awk '{print $2}' > ,ids-all
> > sort -u ,ids-all > ,ids-uniq
> > wc -l ,ids-all
> > wc -l ,ids-uniq
> >
> > Are they the same?

Yes they are.

> > Bob
>
> That will produce a list of ids in the MOD tree (the working tree),  but
> we need the ids in the ORIG tree (the revlib or pristine).
>
> I think that would work if you performed it in the root of your revlib
> or pristine.  I don't rememember whether pristines are fully formed Arch
> trees, but I believe so.

I repeated that in
{arch}/++pristine-trees/unlocked/SimManager/SimManager--v2004/SimManager--v2004--3.0/address@hidden/SimManager--v2004--3.0--base-0
and the number of ids is also the same there. FWIW, in the pristine
location there is one id less than in the tree.  I remember having added
one file in the tree since import (just add, no commit), so that would
be logical.

--
Regards,
Georg.