Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Features command for arch

From: James Blackwell
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Features command for arch
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 17:35:13 -0400

Then I think asuffield wrote:
>     > This one is a problem I regularly have to face with IRC. The solution
>     > is simple:

Then Tom followed up:
> I'm intrinsicly skeptical of any solution that based on analogizing
> the issue to anything as inconsequential as IRC nicknames.
>
> Consequences of confusing nicknames: nearly none.
>
> Consequences of software management tools flaking out: potentially infinite.

Ok. I buy that reasoning.

I don't see that as a significant risk in this case, as the code would
be pretty simple. The two worst things that I can come up with is

1) The table goes out of date

2) There's something conceptually wrong with the idea (which I can't see
from this vantage point)