[Gnu-arch-users] Features command for arch

From: James Blackwell
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Features command for arch
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 12:17:27 -0400

ddaa and I put our heads together not long ago, and we came up with a new
feature that would probably help programs like pyarch and aba. This new
command, called "tla features" would list features and feature version
numbers. One could also query either for a specific feature, or a specific
version of a feature. Please see the example output at the end of this
email.

How it will work:

There's the easy way to do this, and the hard way to do this. I'm inclined
to implement the easy way. The easy way is to in libarch implement a
handful of arch_features functions along these lines:

int arch_feature_query (t_uchar *featureid)
  returns the feature # for the requested feature, 0 if feature does not
  exist

rel_table arch_features_get
  returns a rel_table of arch features, of which each entry contrains:
  "feature_name:version"

The list of features and versions will be kept in a simple null terminated
array.

EXAMPLE OUTPUT:
$ tla features
tla-features-begin