Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Tla spork

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Tla spork
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 19:10:08 -0400

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 06:57:20PM -0400, James Blackwell wrote:
> Recently, I was at conference. Arch was a laughing stock because of the
> furth discussion. I can tell you that its pretty embarassing when
> respectable, knowledgeable people openly laugh at me, especially when
> I happen to agree with them.

That's pretty childish behavior; to tell the truth it sounds more like a
typical group-think response ("Yar! Perl r0x0rs, elisp sucks!") than a
considered opinion.

So:  did they offer anything like a reason, or was it just the "laughing"?

If the latter, what do you expect the reaction to be?

-Miles
--
Is it true that nothing can be known?  If so how do we know this?  -Woody Allen