Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Tla spork

From: James Blackwell
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Tla spork
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 18:57:20 -0400

Stefan Monnier wrote:
> I expect Arch users won't write any code, whether in prefix or infix syntax.

I expect they will. A lot. I expect they'll have to deal with them
whenever they edit whatever stands in for =tagging-methods. I expect
that the hook setup in place will get replaced with this. All of the
configuration files will be in this syntax, so you can expect to hack it
there....

> So if you really think that a few parens in the couple config settings they
> might have to write could put them off, I'd like to know what you base
> this on.

I base this upon my own opinions, and the opinions of other people that
I have spoken with.

Recently, I was at conference. Arch was a laughing stock because of the
furth discussion. I can tell you that its pretty embarassing when
respectable, knowledgeable people openly laugh at me, especially when
I happen to agree with them.

Notwithstanding either of those, if you read back in the mailing list,
you'll see a number of arch users and developers that have made their
inclinations clear. At best, you could say that the general consensus is
"ambiviliant".

Now that you've called my qualifications into question, what are your
qualifications?