[Gnu-arch-users] Re: BUG: extra diff arguments for "tla changes --diffs"

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: BUG: extra diff arguments for "tla changes --diffs"]
Date: 27 Aug 2004 12:43:01 -0400

>> be able to generate the exact same files.  But were's talking about
>> `tla changes' i.e. changesets that are not going to be directly added to
> No, we're talking about the changeset format.  And given how commonly
> archive changesets are used for cherry-picking, the line's pretty blurry.

Sorry, then, we're not talking about the same thing.  I'm talking about
changesets generated by `tla changes' only.  I understand that the same code
is used for all different ways to build a changeset, but I fail to see in
what way this is relevant.  Maybe the line is blurry, but only in
one direction: you can use both types of changesets for cherry-picking, but
you can't use both types of changesets in an archive (which is the place
where you care about reliable patching).

        Stefan