Re: [Gnu-arch-users] multiple committers, again

From: Jan Hudec
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] multiple committers, again
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 09:27:25 +0200

On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 12:28:05 -0400, James Blackwell wrote:
> > At least at our school, noone would do either for me. And if that's your
> > only account where you can place web pages...
>
> There's other places you can place "web pages".
>

> >> This is a process of dealing with the tradeoffs that we all have to go
> >> over. Overall, and comparing it to CVS over SSH, I think Arch is much,
> >> much easier to deal with.
> >>
> >> And WebDAV, lest we forget, is available too. Apache2 is your friend ther=
> > e.=20
> >
> Jan Hudec wrote:
> > Except in many labs admin won't bother enabling webdav :-(.
>
> We don't have control over those admins. Whats more, we have very little

... and don't need it ;-)

> control over the permissions of files that tla writes over a remote
> connection.

... sure we *DO*.

> Maybe the right solution in this case is to get hosted elsewhere.

There is no reason. Really. The only things needed are ssh2 and normal
web server for public read-only access.

Simply create a wrapper script over sftp, that sets correct umask and
put it as command= in a special ssh key that will be used for arch
access only.

                                                 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec
<address@hidden>