Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla 1.2.1 release announcement

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla 1.2.1 release announcement
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 23:21:34 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: address@hidden

    > The official release tar file requires non-standard tar.

I use

  tar (GNU tar) 1.13.93

which I think the GNU project should still be supporting to some
degree or other.  Actually the GNU core stuff changes at such a
glacierly pace that, for all I know, that's still the current release.
It's not a bad substitute for a formal standard....  not frozen in
Posix-land, of course.... slowly and conservatively evolving.

I'm probably a slight outlier in terms of the ancientness of some of
the software I use but that should be changing soonishly enough.

-t

    > It could probably be fixed by removing the {arch} stuff
    > and using --posix when packing it up.
    >
    > (thinks -- does fsf have a policy on this?)

Beyond that it should all be and pretty much only require mainstream,
preferably GNU software?   Not that I'm aware of.