Re: [Gnu-arch-users] PANIC: Top-of-file arch tag crosses 1k boundary

From: Matthew Dempsky
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] PANIC: Top-of-file arch tag crosses 1k boundary
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 16:51:56 -0500

address@hidden (James Blackwell) writes:

> John Meinel wrote:
>> Do I have a different 1.2.1 than you do? I got mine from
>> release.gnuarch.org. And it has a valid signature from jblack.
>> John

The proper release is at http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gnu-arch/ (see Tom's
release announcement).  The release.gnuarch.org might not have the
fixes Tom had to make at the last moment for 'update -d' and others.

> My guess is that one of two things happened: Either A) he's built
> against dev or B) When Tom built for the release on the fsf site, some
> patches snuck in that shouldn't be there.

I believe Tom released address@hidden/tla--devo--1.3--patch-32
(guessing from his build-config devo.tla-1.2.1).

address@hidden/tla--devo--1.3--patch-29
    merge 1.2.1 from jblack
address@hidden/tla--devo--1.3--patch-30
    fix update -d bug