Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Inconsistency of Added-files and Removed-files

From: Jason McCarty
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Inconsistency of Added-files and Removed-files
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 13:35:26 -0400

Stefan Monnier wrote:
> >> It might be a duplication of effort-- I've already got code that does that:
> > Me too:  tla-file-log
>
> This gives you the history of the file, but I think what would be even more
> interesting is to be able to restrict it to the history of a set of
> (contiguous) lines in the file.  I'd consider it to be a better tool than
> `cvs annotate', since whenever I use `cvs annotate' what I really want is to
> get the list of log messages (and corresponding diffs) that resulted in
> lines N-M being the way they are.

ViewARCH does a nice job of this, for example:
http://arch.bluegate.org/cgi-bin/viewarch.cgi/address@hidden/tla--devo--1.3--patch-28/libarch/inode-sig.c?cmd=cc
Although it's a complete revision browser, so a bit of overkill if you
just want to check on a few files, and it still includes those lines you
don't care about.

--
Jason McCarty <address@hidden>