Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Inconsistency of Added-files and Removed-files

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Inconsistency of Added-files and Removed-files
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 13:02:20 -0400

Stefan Monnier wrote:
I was planning on eventually writing a command that would examine patch
logs to tell you in what revisions a file was modified (added,
etc).  What do you think?

It might be a duplication of effort-- I've already got code that does that:

Me too:  tla-file-log

This gives you the history of the file, but I think what would be even more
interesting is to be able to restrict it to the history of a set of
(contiguous) lines in the file.

fai revisions --modified FILE:LINE can tell you which revisions added the current contents of LINE to FILE. For lines with unique content, this is the same as "the last revision that modified this line".

Exact matching seems possible, but requires more sophisticated diff parsing. One must recalculate the line numbers every time lines are added or removed above the lines in question.

Aaron

--
Aaron Bentley
Director of Technology